To celebrate five years of sending Womankind to wonderful people around the world and covering women from 20 different countries,…
1. The question you’d most like to ask others?
What are you doing?
2. How free are you?
I’ll be free in about 20 minutes
3. What illusion do you suffer from?
That the me I’m being is actually me
4. The most important part of your education?
5. What would you never do, no matter the price?
6. Which “thinker” has had the greatest influence on your life?
In very direct terms possibly Turing since I’m a child of the Second World War
7. What do you doubt most?
I don’t always trust others but doubt is a treat I reserve for myself
8. If you could choose, what would you have for your last meal?
Something and mashed potato
9. Your favourite word?
I like them all
10. What is your motto?
I don’t have a motto. I have habits. I’m an action man
11. What is a good death?
A quiet death at a good age. My father did it well. At 93 he rang us on a Monday and said ‘There’s something wrong. Let’s talk a lot this week and I want you to know that when I go into orbit I’ll go into orbit with a smile on my face.’ We talked all week and he died on the Saturday
12. What do people accuse you of?
At school I was accused by teachers of doing only things which interested me
13. What is the meaning of life?
I live in Australia, where life is an opportunity to get a better kitchen
John Clarke is a comedian and one half of the comedy duo Clarke and Dawe.